Mainline’s Big 3
After a decline in large diameter mainline construction in 2019, the Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada and its members are looking forward to working with the four pipeline craft trades: (The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing, Pipefitting and Sprinkler Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada, International Union of Operating Engineers, Labourers’ International Union of North America, Teamsters of Canada) to begin a busy stretch of pipeline work ramping up in 2020.
Recently, our industry has been given the go ahead for three significant Mainline projects that are outlined below:
Trans Mountain Expansion Project
• 36” NPS crude oil pipeline stretching 980 km.
• Seven spreads from Strathcona Country, AB to Burnaby, BC.
• 48” NPS Natural Gas pipeline across 660 km.
• Eight Spreads from Dawson Creek, BC to Kitimat, BC.
• 36” NPS crude oil pipeline beginning in Hardisty, AB Canada to Nebraska, USA.
• The Canadian portion of Keystone XL is approximately 530 km.
• 4 Phases – Phase 1 from Hardisty, AB to Monchy, SK.