History

History

PLCAC was founded in 1954 at the Hotel Macdonald in Edmonton, Canada by a group of contractor-leaders, for the purposes of negotiating collective bargaining agreements with Canadian workers in pipeline construction and for building Canadian industry capacity through training, standards and supply-chain innovation. Today, the PLCAC consists of 162 regular, associate, and honorary members.

The PLCAC founders meeting, which was held in Edmonton, AB on April 20, 1954.

With national executive offices maintained over six decades in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, PLCAC is a forum for Canada’s unionized pipeline contractors in matters of labour relations, safety, training, quality, standards and solutions for responsible pipeline construction and maintenance.

Over Six Decades of Pipelining  (PLCAC Leadership Timeline)

 

 

Last Updated: Feb. 16, 2021